1. Scope of application
The purpose of the EDP Imobiliária website, as well as of the real estate websites with which it has collaboration agreements, is to showcase EDP properties for commercial purposes and facilitate communication with prospective customers, allowing interested parties to request additional information about the properties, visit them, and obtain real estate transaction data.
2. Entity Responsible for the Processing of Personal Data and Commitment
The entity responsible for processing the data for Asset Commercialization Purposes is:
- EDP Imobiliária e Participações, SA, with the single Commercial Registry and legal person number 503529524, headquartered at Av. José Malhoa 25, 1070-157 Lisbon, PORTUGAL, with share capital of €10,000,000.00.
Phone. + 351 210 012 001; Email: email@example.com
EDP Imobiliária is committed to respect for the privacy of data owners and to the protection and security of their personal data; EDP Imobiliária believes that using personal data responsibly is crucial both to the pursuit of its business goals and its reputation.
As part of our commitment to privacy, we have adopted this Privacy Statement, which aims to inform data owners of how EDP Imobiliária processes the personal data provided via websites, email or postal mail communications, and/or any other communication and registration processes.
EDP Imobiliária follows EDP Group's data protection policies and technological/operational security procedures against loss, misuse, modification or unintentional destruction. EDP employees with access to personal data have been trained to maintain the confidentiality of such data.
3. Duties of data owners
The data owner warrants that he/she is of legal age and that the information he/she provides is true, accurate, complete and up-to-date; the data owner is solely responsible for any inconsistencies in this regard. If such data belongs to a third party, the data owner warrants that he/she has informed said third party about the provisions set forth in this document and that he/she has obtained permission to provide such data to EDP Imobiliária for the aforementioned purposes.
4. Data processing purposes and legal basis
EDP will process the owners' data, collected through websites, email or postal mail communications, or any other communication and registration processes, for the following specific purposes:
- Asset Commercialization - Communications with interested parties, legally based on the data owner's and the responsible entity's legitimate interest.
- Asset Commercialization - Communication via realtor agencies, legally based on the data owner's and the responsible entity's legitimate interest.
- Asset Commercialization - Marketing and advertising, legally based on explicit consent;
- Asset Commercialization - Negotiation and Sale, legally based on the legitimate interest arising from a contractual or legal relationship.
Such data may be processed manually and/or mechanically.
Providing the data requested in the forms supplied by EDP is mandatory - except for any data that may have a similar function - in order to fulfill the contractual or legally established purpose.
5. Categories of processed personal data
Within the scope of the Processing Purpose titled 'Asset Commercialization - Communication with interested parties', we will only collect the necessary identification and contact data to respond to requests and to provide information and property visit services.
Within the scope of the Processing Purpose titled 'Asset Commercialization - Communication via realtor agencies', we will only collect the necessary identification and contact data to respond to requests and to provide information and visit service to the real estate site.
Within the scope of the Processing Purpose titled 'Asset Commercialization - Marketing and Advertising', the identification and contact data of interested parties, prospective customers and customers may be used for direct marketing and advertising actions focusing on the properties held by EDP - in order to publicize investment opportunities - until the data owner decides do cancel the receipt of such information.
Within the scope of the Processing Purpose titled 'Asset Commercialization - Negotiation and Sale', all data provided by the data owner will be processed in order to carry out the real estate operations in which the data owner is an interested party.
6. Subcontracting and Recipients
EDP Imobiliária does not share any personal data with third parties, except at the request of the data owner or his/her legal representative or as required by law or other legal procedures, and never sells personal data.
EDP Imobiliária has outsourced the creation and maintenance of the website, here, and the corresponding service provider is legally bound to comply with the data protection legislation in force.
The personal data of parties interested in EDP real estate, as well as of prospective or real estate customers, may be provided, under the existing service agreement, to the website maintenance company and other companies within the EDP Group to carry out accounting, financial and administrative operations, namely customer service activities, and, when necessary, to carry out agreed-upon business deals or other operations associated with said purposes. These companies will act under the instructions of EDP Imobiliária and for the aforementioned purposes only.
Personal data may also be provided to other Organizations within the scope of legal or contractual obligations.
7. Retention period
EDP Imobiliária will retain personal data pertaining to customers or prospective customers during the time necessary to fulfill said Processing Purposes or as required by law.
8. International Data Transfer
EDP Imobiliária does not plan to transfer personal data pertaining to said processing purposes to countries outside the European Economic Area.
9. Security and Integrity
To the maximum possible extent, these technical and organizational measures ensure the security and integrity of the owner's personal data, in particular with regard to unauthorized or unlawful processing, loss, destruction or accidental damage.
EDP Imobiliária acknowledges the confidential nature of the data shared by the Personal Data Owner.
EDP Imobiliária does not make personal data available to any third parties, commercially or otherwise, and commits not to disclose, copy, reproduce or distribute any Confidential information without the prior written consent of the Personal Data Owner.
11. User rights
- The 'right to obtain information' means that the Data Owner has the right to obtain clear, transparent and easily intelligible information on how EDP uses his/her Personal Data and on his/her rights.
- 'Right of access' means that the Data Owner has the right to obtain information about the Personal Data processed by EDP Imobiliária and certain information about the way such Data is processed. This right allows the Data Owner to be aware and confirm that EDP Imobiliária processes his/her Data according to data protection laws. EDP Imobiliária may, however, refuse to provide such information whenever the request implies disclosing someone else's Personal Data or whenever the requested information damages the rights of another person.
- 'Right of rectification' means that the Data Owner has the right to ask EDP Imobiliária to take reasonable steps to correct inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data.
- 'Right of deletion', also known as the 'right to be forgotten', means that the Data Owner may request the deletion or elimination of his/her data, provided that there are no valid grounds for EDP Imobiliária to continue to use them.
- 'Right of limitation' means that the Data Owner has the right to block or prevent further processing of his/her Data while EDP Imobiliária analyzes a rectification request; this may also be used as an alternative to deletion.
- 'Right to data portability' means that the Data Owner has the right to obtain and reuse certain Personal Data for his/her own purposes. This right applies solely to personal data which has been directly provided to EDP Imobiliária by the Data Owner, based on an agreement or permission, and which EDP Imobiliária processes by means of automated mechanisms.
- 'Right of opposition' means that the Data Owner has the right to object to certain types of processing, due to his/her specific situation, at any time during said Processing.
- 'Right to submit a complaint' means that the Data Owner has the right to complain to the relevant supervisory authority (CNPD - National Data Protection Commission) if he/she believes that the Processing of his/her Personal Data has violated his/her rights and/or applicable data protection laws.
In order to exercise the aforementioned rights, or if he/she wishes not to receive any direct marketing or advertising material, the data owner may use the relevant link sent with each communication or contact the processing officer by using the following channels:
- EDP Imobiliária Customer Service
phone: 210 012 001
Zip Code: EDP Imobiliária e Participações, SA, Av. José Malhoa, no. 25, 1070-157 Lisbon, PORTUGAL
The data owner's consent to the processing and transfer of his/her data will always be revocable, without retroactive effect.
The data owner also has the right to submit a complaint to the National Data Protection Commission if he/she believes that his/her personal data rights have been infringed.
This Privacy Statement was last updated on May 23, 2018.